[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:43:44 UTC 2009

On Feb 21, 2009, at 4:32 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Saturday 21 February 2009 17:09:47 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
>> BTW I'm wholly perplexed by interest in Hulu. YouTube user videos
>> are fun, and Netflix streaming might actually have feature length
>> programming I would want to watch. But Hulu is just the same boring
>> stuff I can have MythTV record from the antenna on the roof, except
>> with advertising added. Do people really want the ads so much that
>> they will jump through all these hoops to get them added?
>
> Not so, at least not in my case.
>
> I have (and pay for) cable and satellite service, and HuLu has
> programming I
> am unable to get in any other manner, mostly the old CBS stuff.
>
> My antenna gives me a choice of precisely 1 channel, not much to
> pick from.

For reference, I get ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, UPN, PBS all in HD. Until
USA, Comedy Central, and Cartoon Network start broadcasting OTA, I
will be unable to view the Daily Show, Colbert Report, Psych, Burn
Notice, etc.... Also, I was able to watch Firefly on Hulu. As far as I
know that's not being broadcast anywhere. These are some of the
reasons that Hulu interests people.

~Jon