[mythtv-users] Why cant we make a STB?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:57:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Rod <Rod at rods.id.au> wrote:
> Jon Bishop wrote:

>>> I would also like to hear more about this. After seeing some of the
>>> Windows fish tank screen savers, Atlantis leaves a bit to be desired :(.
>>
>> The fish tank is about 15 minutes of video, looped, on a DVD. There are 4
>> chapters, which results in a saltwater reef tank, a freshwater community
>> tank, a freshwater tank with less hospitable fish (rarely used) and a dark
>> blue lit tank that we almost never play. It's just a DVD iso in the videos
>> folder, and appears to be actual fish tanks. I believe we just use the
>> internal player to run it.
>>
>> ~Jon
>
>   Here in Melbourne Australia, we have a TV show called "FishTV"
>
>   Its just a camera infront of a fish tank and televised.

An acquaintance of mine in ChCh NZ runs a licensed small private tv
transmitter, community based so nothing commercial. People post their
home movies etc on there, and anyone who tunes in can watch. He's got
a swath of playback devices (VCR, DVD vidcams etc).

Sometimes its just the camera pointing out his window at the view.

Sometimes if someone wants to advertise a party or something similar,
they stick a handwritten notice on the wall in front of the camera,
its extremely low tech but of course it works fine.