[mythtv-users] artifacts in pvr-150 recordings, only recently

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Mar 11 11:23:13 UTC 2009

jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
> The only thing I
> haven't tried yet is changing the PCI latency. I haven't found a good
> guide on how to do this, although many older post suggest this is
> often a problem.

I added the following lines to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, and it sets the
defined latency ($LAT) to any SATA and IDE pci devices (as matched by the
egrep pattern.

I use HEX value "b0" as stated in a link that was posted to the mvpmc
mailing list.

LAT=b0
for DEV in $(lspci|egrep "(SATA|IDE)"|awk '{ print $1 }')
do
    setpci -v -s $DEV latency_timer=$LAT
done

--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts