[mythtv-users] Missing guide information

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 18:57:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Nathan Hatch <nathan at azza.com> wrote:

> I've actually been having some issues getting MythWeb working correctly.
> The troubleshooting guide indicates that it's an issue between the version
> of MythTV and MythWeb. I downloaded the latest version of MythWeb, which
> matches my MythBackend version, however, it can't connect to my MythTV
> database. I'm wondering if it's an issue with Apache. The information I've
> seen points to a file in a directory like /etc/apache2. (I can't confirm, as
> I am currantly at work, and don't have access to my home computers at this
> time.) I don't see anything on my workstation indicating anything about
> apache2, so I don't know where to look, or how to properly configure MythWeb
> to see my backend, and connect to the Myth database. The next problem is
> that like I said, I'm running Fedora 8, so repositories such as ATrpms,
> which carry the MythTV rpms and other Fedora 8 rpms so longer have anything
> listed for Fedora 8. Only Fedora 9 and newer is listed. This has happened
> before, and forced me to upgrade to a newer version of Fedora. I'd like to
> get things up to date, and working without upgrading Fedora.

I'd strongly suggest you change to CentOS.  It'd RHEL based, doesn't change
versions like underwear like Fedora does so the repos stick around much much
longer.  I made the change a little while ago and have felt it was a great
decision.  I even did an in-place upgrade from FC6 to CentOS 5 without
issue.

Kevin