[mythtv-users] minimum card requirements for VDPAU

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Mar 12 15:50:11 UTC 2009

Rick wrote:
> We may have free trade (NAFTA) but most of the electronics are made in
> Asia therefore subject to duty.  Also there may be no duty if made in
> Canada/US/Mexico but there are always fricken taxes. Some slip through
> but if UPS or brown is involved you'll pay brokerage fees etc.  I'm
> pretty sure that geeks.com will ship internationally.

Yeah, UPS is almost useless for shipping to Canada because they charge
absurd brokerage fees that often exceed the value of the item.  FedEx
Ground is a pain, too, lots of forms and you have to have an account.
The only reasonable way to ship to the Great White North is US Postal
Service, and a lot of businesses don't offer them as a shipping option.