[mythtv-users] strange EPG-EIT information

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Thu Mar 12 18:16:43 UTC 2009

hello,
again i have wrong eit data inside my database (Trunk Version, i've
posted sometimes ago)
for example, tonight (12.3.2009 -> 13.3.2009):
Channel: ProSieben (Astra 19.2)
Title: What's up dad
Title: What's up dad
04:56-05:16 "same Description" as above, but this was wrong. Dreambox
shows another description (cause it was another episode).

Yesterday something similar: Eli Stone (also Pro7) in my EPG(Database)
was TV-Total in real (i've recorded it) and the real Eli Stone was
Pushing Daisies. These problem with Eli Stone at wednesday i got each
week...
Perhaps there is a problem with two shows with same title but different
descriptions running.
Perhaps pro7 broadcasts sometimes wrong EIT data and myth won't update
later to the correct ones or myth has some problems with EPG-db-update
queries.

Perhaps some german/european user can confirm/not confirm the same epg
data for pro7 tonight.

I currently don't know how to debug this. Perhaps i would insert some
special VERBOSE command in the EIT parser for this channel. Some
suggestions?

--
Markus Schulz

Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself - and then acouple more
feet, just to be sure.
-- Eric Allman