[mythtv-users] Only records HD channels if available ??

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 05:02:20 UTC 2009

Hi

There are some programs that I selected the recording as "Record at any time
on any channel"

Usually programs are broadcast on both the SD and HD channel: same title,
same time in the TV guide.

For some programs it works fine, it will only record only one (though I
can't understand how it selects which one to record, seems to be on the
channel with the lower number).
For some others, it records both: this happens if in the TV guide a HD show
has an extra tag "HD" ... Myth considers them as two different shows.

Playing with the priorities, I saw that there is an option to give
priorities to HD channels, however from my understanding this only helps
mythtv guessing which one to keep should it couldn't record one of the
program.

Now, I haven't found a way to say: if you record on this channel, and a show
with the same title exist on another channel, then don't record it at all...

Is this something possible?

Thanks
Jean-Yves