[mythtv-users] How to select tuners on different machines...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Fri Mar 13 14:17:53 UTC 2009

Hi...

While trying to investigate a tuner problem, I've come across a
question.  How do you select tuners on a different machine when watching
live TV?  I have a MBE w/a NTSC & ATSC tuner.  And a SBE w/an ATSC
tuner.  I suspect the MBE's ATSC tuner works and the SBE's ATSC tuner
not to work.  But when pressing "y" it would appear that I only cycle
between the SBE's ATSC tuner and the MBE's NTSC tuner.  How do I cycle
through all 3 tuners?

BTW, I did name the tuners w/names to identify them uniquely.  But
because of my tuner problems, AFAIKT, the screen remains black until the
  lock issue is recognized and the overlay that normally appears and
identifies the tuner has already timed out.

...thanks for any help.