[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun 1012xxxxx vs later models (Rev1 vs Rev2 tuners)

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 18:01:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:28 PM, jason maxwell <decepticon at gmail.com>wrote:

> An update here: I took the suggestion from the list and moved my wireless
> router a few feet further away from my HDHR (there was only ~2ft between
> them before), and the artifacts seem to be gone!  I never would have guessed
> this could be the problem, but looks like it was.  Thanks to the person that
> discovered, and posted this suggestion.
> -Jason

So this was a false alarm.  Moving the wireless router did not fix the
issue.  The artifacts came back shortly. I then completely unplugged my
router, and there was no improvement.  I later did some monitoring of the
problem channels using VLC/libhdhomerun, and found that the signal strength
and quality were fluctuating quite a bit on both HDHR inputs.  My cable line
coming into the house splits off to the modem and 2 TVs on other floors,
then to the main TV, and the 3 mythtv inputs (pvr500 has 2 tuners/1 input,
so I guess it's like 2 inputs). I always suspected that was too many splits,
and it looks like I was right.  I tried swapping cables around to see if any
of them had better results, none did.  I finally took the 4-way splitter out
and ran the line directly to one HDHR tuner, and viola, no more artifacts!