[mythtv-users] exporting hd-pvr recordings

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Mar 16 01:38:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 15:05 -0700, Robert McNamara wrote:

> >    NuppelVideoPlayer* nvp = new NuppelVideoPlayer();
> >
> > instead of:
> >
> >    NuppelVideoPlayer* nvp = new NuppelVideoPlayer("avidemux_export",
> > pginfo);
> >
> > I'm wondering if the fact that I'm still using the 1.0.53 beta firmware
> > on my hd-pvr makes a difference - after all, this worked at one point,
> > right?  That's why I'm wondering if I'm missing something - I've got
> > hd-pvr recordings stacking up like planes during winter at Chicago
> > O'Hare... ;)
>
> It shouldn't matter, I run the same firmware-- it's far more likely,
> though, that the packaged version of AVIDemux from your distro doesn't
> meet the minimum SVN revision required for the patch/script to work
> properly.  I truly haven't looked at that patch in a long while,
> though, and it was a messy hack even when I first did it, which is why
> I'm not eager to get back into making it work-- AVIDemux guys did a
> bit of work to make the HD-PVR recordings work slightly better,
> though, and as of the time I was last looking at it, that required
> compiling AviDemux from source.

Nope - that wasn't it... I initially tried version 2.4.4, which was
released relatively recently (last month, I believe).  I also checked
out the svn revision that you used and compiled it from source. Same
result, unfortunately... I'm going to start digging into the script
output to see if anything sticks out..

	-I