[mythtv-users] Going to add HD-- anyone with the WD "green" sata drive?

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:33:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:43 AM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> On Mon, March 16, 2009 10:29 am, John Drescher wrote:
>> Years ago I moved to 100% Seagate because they were the only one with
>> a 5 year warranty.
>
> Western Digital also offers 5-year warranties on their "enterprise" class
> drives.

Also note that Seagate no longer offers 5-year warranties on OEM drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148373

While I used to be a "Seagate or nothing" fan, after their recent
firmware, drive bricking and high early infant death problems, I am
not such a huge Seagate fanboy now.

-Dave