[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 02:15:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/3/17 Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com>:
>>
>>  xserver-xorg-core: Conflicts: xserver-xorg-video-2 which is a virtual package
>>
>> The xserver-xorg-video-2 is provided by nvidia-glx-180. Have I messed
>> up something on my end or is there some issue with the packaging of
>> the nvidia-glx-180 driver? Thanks again for the packages.
>
> Do you have any other nvidia drivers installed ?
>
> I have update a few machines without problems so far.
>
> No idea what that could be..

I don't have any other nvidia drivers installed. From what I can tell
the problem is that nvidia-glx-180 version 180.37-0ubuntu1 provides
xserver-xorg-video-2 rather than xserver-xorg-video-4. The version
180.37-0ubuntu0 and all of the other standard nvidia drivers in the
ubuntu repositories provide xserver-xorg-video-4. That seems to be the
issue. I opened the deb packages in your repository and checked
manually and from 180.37-0ubuntu0 to 180.37-0ubuntu1 the provides line
is changed from xserver-xorg-video-4 to xserver-xorg-video-2 between
the two versions. I don't need to update this package. So it isn't a
major issue or anything. But if there is a problem with the packaging,
I just wanted to help track down the bug if I could. Or if there is
some issue on my end, I obviously want to clean that up.