[mythtv-users] Australia, can't scan channel 7??

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 17 03:32:22 UTC 2009

On Tue Mar 17 14:15 , Phil Wild  sent:

>I am also having issues with channel 7 and posted to the group on Sunday. I get
a signal, but have playback issues with recordings on channel 7.

>I however am in Perth and have decided that perhaps my problem is with the
signal quality. Channel seven is the lowest channel and hence will be the first
to suffer from signal quality issues.

>In my case, I have purchased a new antenna and will see if it makes a difference...
>
>Phil

Thanks Phil,

I didn't think of that... but I wonder if it's possible that my tuner is now not
allowing to scan below a certain frequency.. (and how would that happen, it is
still using the same firmware??)...

I'm now actually leaning to think that this maybe a driver issue with the DVICO
dual fusion.. It's now in-kernel, but I have never been convinced that it is
completely stable.

I'll try dvb-scan as suggested, but will also put back in my dvico fusion lite
and see if that can see channel 7...

If I can get channel 7 on that, I'll post results to the linux-media list...

cheers

Allan