[mythtv-users] System hangs when watching tv

Ozzy ozzymud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 09:42:19 UTC 2009

I had the exact same problem with 3 diff flavors, Mythdora, Knoppmyth,
and then the distro i went with, Mythbuntu

Tried every single thing that google would point me at, what it finally
wound up being was an IRQ conflict between 2 PVR-150 cards and my
onboard 8300 video.

My motherboard has 3 PCI slots, whenever i build a system i am
accustomed to putting as much space between cards as possible, so, on my
ASUS M3N78 Pro i placed the 150's in PCI slot 1 & 3. Everything worked
great with the exception of random live tv lockups (no rhyme or reason,
totally random)

Upon moving card 2 to pci slot 2 next to card 1, no more lockups :)

System Specs:
Case: Athenatech Black SECC Steel A3708BS.450
Motherboard: ASUS M3N78 PRO AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8300 HDMI
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core
Memory: OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Hard Disk: Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA
DVD: LITE-ON 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE
Tuners: 2 PVR-150 MCE used from ebay
Tuner3: Motorolla DCT-6412 III via onboard firewire
LCD: Crystalfontz CFA-632 USB LCD 16x2 w/drive bay panel & internal USB
Remote: StreamZap PC Remote
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech S 510 Silver/Black USB or PS/2 RF Wireless
TV: Sanyo 32" LCD connected via HDMI