[mythtv-users] Weird issue with Fox

Adam Stylinski kungfujesus06 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:59:42 UTC 2009

Obviously I know this is going to be very specific to my hardware and location, but I'll give it a shot anyway.  I use an outdoor roofmounted omni-directional antenna, and split it three ways between three identical PC-HDTV tuner cards.  Here's the kicker, one of the tuner cards has issues while recording while the other two don't.  The splitter is using really short (less than a foot) quad shielded RG-6 with compression connectors. It seems to have the most trouble with 19, although offhand I can't tell you what DTV frequency that actually lies on.  I get around 48% signal strength (according to the signal meter, anyway), and I get artifacts, stutters, the works.  The same tuner cards are on the same antenna and can tune in just fine (albeit, they still claim to have just as low signal strength).  The other cards tune in just great, though.  Does anyway know why this may be?  I'll try switching the cables around on the splitter when I have time tonight, but they are pretty well shielded from noise.