[mythtv-users] Add new Channels in Channel Editor

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 00:03:24 UTC 2009

For whatever reason, scanning for QAM channels in MythTV no longer
finds WCWG-DT.  Scanning via commands to my HDHomeRun finds and tunes
it every time as 83#3.  Alas.  So, I am trying to figure out how to
add new channels manually through the Channel Editor in mythtv-setup.
According to http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=WCWG, the station
broadcasts in a range of 500 - 506 MHz.  The channel editor asks for
frequencies in Khz, so I multiplied by 1000.  Nothing was tuned for
any of the series 500, 501...506 times 1000.  Should this work?  I get
the feeling that this is not what <New Channel> actually does.

Thanks,
jr