[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:06:07 UTC 2009

> But currently, trying to install the VDPAU'd mythtv packages, I get
> errors with mythtv-transcode-util:
>
>  mythtv-backend: Depends: mythtv-transcode-utils (=
> 0.21.0+fixes20212-openglvdpau-0ubuntu2) but it is not going to be installed
>
> Adding mythtv-transcode-utils to apt-get install line I get:
>
>  mythtv-transcode-utils: Depends: transcode but it is not going to be
> installed
>
> Reiterating, it finally fails with:
>
>  transcode: Depends: libavcodec1d (>= 0.cvs20070307) but it is not
> installable
>             Depends: libavutil1d (>= 0.cvs20070307) but it is not
> installable
>             Depends: libpostproc1d (>= 0.cvs20070307) but it is not
> installable
>
> root at hdtvdr:~# apt-cache policy transcode
> transcode:
>  Installed: (none)
>  Candidate: 2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10.1
>  Version table:
>     2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10.1 0
>        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com intrepid-updates/multiverse Packages
>     2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10.1 0
>       1000 http://www.avenard.org intrepid/release Packages
>     2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10 0
>        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com intrepid/multiverse Packages

I have transcode 2:1.0.2-0.8ubuntu10.1 installed from the standard
ubuntu multiverse repository. Those depedencies are the old ones used
in Hardy 8.04. I think this may be another issue arising from
Jean-Yves recently including support for Hardy, but he would be able
to tell you for sure. The transcode package in multiverse doesn't have
those dependencies but the avengard.org one does. In intrepid the
multiverse package depends on libavcodec51 and
libavcodec-unstripped-51 which are in the standard repos. Try
installing the multiverse version of transcode and see if that gets
things up and running for you.