[mythtv-users] hdhomerun and channel frequency problem?

Mark Chang mark.chang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 03:05:54 UTC 2009

background:
 * redid myth setup from scratch, now using mythbuntu intrepid ibex,
just a couple days ago
 * have hdhomerun hooked up to comcast basic cable which has qam256
modulated broadcast channels
 * also have wintv standard definition cable

the basic config seemed to work well. then, tonight and last night,
the thing didn't record WFXT HD (Fox). okay, it was american idol. :)

turns out, using livetv, some channels are not coming in (including FOX).

Manual scan shows:
SCANNING: 601750000 (us-hrc:87)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=92 snq=94 seq=100)
PROGRAM: 1: 25.1 WFXT HD
PROGRAM: 2: 4.1 WBZ HD

Looking in the channel editor (on mythweb and in mythconfig), the
channel freqid is set to "88". I changed it to "87", and it still
didn't work for WFXT or any of the other fixed channels. The schedules
direct data has the right xmlid, callsign, all that.

So, I'm running a new channel scan now to see if I messed it up the
first time. In the meantime, how did this happen? How do you think I
can fix it?

Thanks. WAF is getting very low with this myth rebuild. Help me out, people! :)

--
Mark L. Chang