[mythtv-users] Intel DG45FC with GMA X4500HD graphics dropping frames

John Andrunas john at andrunas.net
Thu Mar 19 19:50:06 UTC 2009

2009/3/19 Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net>:
> Sounds like the video driver isn't up to the task. The 3Ghz dual core is
> plenty of CPU for 1080i ATSC. Your chip isn't listed in the driver's list of
> supported chips. It could be a simple incompatibility there. Do you have an
> NVidia card you can try? It would help you eliminate the graphics card as a
> source of trouble. NVidia has the best Linux driver support currently.
>
> With CPU decoding for 1080i ATSC, I was able to do great with an Athlon X2
> 3800+ and an onboard GF6150 GPU. Your 3Ghz dual chip is probably over 2x
> faster than my old chip.

 I had lots of troubles from my G45 mobo when I was experimenting with
it a couple of months ago in Ubuntu, definitely drive stuff.  I
ultimately gave up on using it for my primary FE since I didn't want
my WAF to plummet, I figured I would give it another go with Jaunty
and see if things were improved, but I have been too busy to try it
with the Jaunty alphas.

--
John