[mythtv-users] mythfrontend hangs while preview image is being created in Watch Recordings screen

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:05:44 UTC 2009

> I have enabled preview images for the "Watch Recorings" screen. I have
> set the time from where to create the images to 600 (would like to have
> 720 here).
>
> This 600 may be the cause, why it takes a while to create the image when
> I first navigate to a recording that does not yet have a preview image.
>
> But why does mythfrontend hang while waiting for the preview image?
> Shouldn't that be asynchronous happening in the background?

I have noticed this also.  I do not use 600 I use a lower number but
noticed the same delay in Watch Recordings.

You could add to the ticketing system so the problem is not forgotten
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/newticket but I guess some people may class
it as a bug others may class it as a feature and it is working as it
was designed.

Hopefully someone with the skills/time to fix will take up the
challenge if it annoys them also :)