[mythtv-users] program.MYD not found

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Mar 20 19:06:46 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:
<snip>

> Then it's likely either a) a file permissions problem or b) the file
> really doesn't exist or c) there's some kind of MySQL error preventing
> the opening of the file (i.e. the InnoDB storage engine is disabled and
> you had previously converted the table to use InnoDB or something).
>
> Check the MySQL data directory (usually something like /srv/mysql or
> (*shudder*) /var/lib/mysql ) to see if the directory and file exist and
> verify permissions on them.

Mike,
Why the *shudder* at /var/lib/mysql (sounds like a rock concert!)

Is that because it's where Fedora puts the db or something else?

(Since /var can be the object of a runaway error log, I create a ~/mysql
folder, copy the contents of /var/lib/mysql there, and then make
/var/lib/mysql a symlink to ~/mysql (which is on a separate /home
partition, too)).

Geoff