[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sat Mar 21 03:00:42 UTC 2009

jedi wrote:
> ...or you could try replacing them with CFLs of your own choosing.
>
> You wouldn't take a free DVD from one of your local monopolies.
>
> Why do the same for anything else (including lightbulbs).

Well, when the landlord says "someone will be coming around to replace
the light bulbs" you don't tell them to bugger off. ;)

On the whole it reminds me a bit of the whole "water-saving toilet"
debacle.  You know, the ones that use half the water per flush but have
to be flushed three times.  I'm hoping the government never mandates
CFLs the way they mandated water-saving toilets.