[mythtv-users] hd-pvr and latest trunk

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Sat Mar 21 22:08:17 UTC 2009

so this morning I updated the hdpvr drivers and mythtv source.
since then my HDPVR units arent working well.
I can do the
cat /dev/video1 > test.ts
thing and that works just fine. However when mythtv tries to record something
the light comes on briefly as mythtv tries to enable recoding. The light doesnt stay
on and the recording is zero length.

It may be firmware related but I did flash it a couple months ago then the 5.1 audio
first started working. What makes me think this is that 1 of my units works just fine
with mythtv but its almost brand new. I have 2 others one that I got when it first came
out that doesnt work. the other one I got a few months after they came out (but is rev 2)
also doesnt work.  So maybe the current round are rev 3s?

anyway looking for ideas?

thanks

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org