[mythtv-users] AMD Phenom Lockups

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Mar 22 16:36:00 UTC 2009

Yan Seiner wrote:
> OK, this is marginally on topic - my backend has an AMD Phenom and
> it's locking up somewhat randomly.

OK, so I've been trying to track this down.  So far, I've tried a
replacement PS; no joy.  Temp's OK, disabling ACPI for CPU didn't help...

Memtest didn't show any errors at first.  Then I happened to catch the
lockup as I was sitting at the console, and ran memtest after a warm
boot.  Almost immediately the screen turned red.  Powercycle machine,
run memtest, memory is fine...  Let it run until the next lockup, memory
fails...

So I have a stick of memory that fails after being on for some hours...
Never seen that before.  I've now replaced the memory with some I had on
hand; we'll see if that helps.

--Yan

--
Yan Seiner