[mythtv-users] AMD Phenom Lockups

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:55:52 UTC 2009

> So I have a stick of memory that fails after being on for some hours...

I have had dimms fail after only after 72 hours of memtest at work so
I have come to the conclusion that memtest will not show that memory
is 100% stable only it will show that some piece of hardware is bad.
If you see a single error there it is almost certain that you have bad
hardware. I say almost certain because there is a extremely small
chance that a cosmic ray changed the bit pattern in the memory cell or
some other unlikely scenario caused the problem.

John