[mythtv-users] screwed up my 180.41 nv update

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:41:14 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/3/23 David Miller <dave at justdave.net>:
> I do know (from a previous thread and experience) that the nvidia
> drivers currently in the avenard repo require you to uninstall your
> existing nvidia drivers first before installing them.  You might try
> removing all traces of nvidia stuff then installing it again.

This is only true for nvidia drivers <= 180.11 due to a change on how
libvdpau is being packaged.

The requirement to uninstall the previous nvidia drivers is true for
any nvidia drivers > 180.11: that includes drivers found in the
official ubuntu repository (8.10 comes with 8.22) and using the new
nvidia drivers found in 9.04.

Wanted to emphasise that this issue isn't linked to using my
repository ; I only repackaged the drivers that will ship with Jaunty
using exactly the same structure.

Jean-Yves.