[mythtv-users] screwed up my 180.41 nv update

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 23 15:35:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 03:57:04AM -0400, David Miller wrote:

> Try "sudo aptitude reinstall nvidia-glx-180".  For some reason that
> seems to clear up some issues that sometimes come up.  Not sure whether
> it'll fix that one or not.

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure what the glx package has to do with the
kernel module source package, but I tried it anyways. No change.

But I also tried it on package nvidia-180-kernel-source. No change.
Something is obviously fubared in my system.

If I wasn't clear before, after I load nvidia-180-kernel-source,
it gets automatically built, and when I sudo modprobe
nvidia, it (now, due to the lrm-video change) says:

FATAL: Error inserting nvidia
(/lib/modules/2.6.20-16-generic/updates/dkms/nvidia.ko): Unknown symbol in
module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

and tail /var/log/kern.log says:

Mar 23 07:54:56 curlycoat kernel: [51209.508000] nvidia: Unknown symbol
_proxy_pda

To respond to JYA's port, I don't believe this is specific
to your repo, if anything, because I seem to be the only
one seeing it. But I thought since others here compile
these drivers alot, someone might have a suggestion.
I'm stumped.