[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Mar 23 16:44:58 UTC 2009

On 23 Mar 2009, at 15:48, Gary Heard wrote:

> No I didn't.  First thing as a check I stuck it in a WIN XP box and
> it worked in there, so it's a Linux issue.

I had Windows 7 on the same box, never worked with that anyway!! Put
it in another Linux box, built everything again, no joy. Even put
Vista (hey I get 30 days to debug the hardware) on the box to see if
it worked in that but nothing.
Got the card replaced and the Vista install worked straight away, now
putting back together my Linux system.

>  So next, as I had a somewhat messy machine I reinstalled Suse 11.1,
> checked all prereqs, re-downloaded the Firmware, checked it's in the
> right place got V4L, think I did everything I needed to, now I get a
> segfault on the backend!!!!

I'll let you know which howto actually works currently, reading the
lkml doesn't sound too promising after all the Multiproto/ S2API
wrangling and various breakages of cx88 and the nova HD S2
specifically. I wouldn't be surprised if v4l doesn't work at all right
now, a lot of the patch repositories have been deleted too so can't
even go back to a known point in time from the many many howtos!

If it's working shortly I'll let you know how, so far a mythbuntu
jaunty live cd loads the driver and gives me a /dev/dvb/ directory,
couldn't get that far before.
> Annoyed  --  you bet

Too right, I've wasted days on this thing! Should have just bought
another Nova S Plus....

Andre