[mythtv-users] Why can I not use 2 of the same Technotrend DVB-s Tuners.

w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com w.f.mythbuster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:56:54 UTC 2009

Hello

I have I strange problem.

I have a Mythbuntu 8.10 backend based on the following hardware.

Foxconn MB

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=e
n-us0000387

2x Technotrend Butget.

 <http://www.technotrend.de/2702/TT-budget__S-1500.html>
http://www.technotrend.de/2702/TT-budget__S-1500.html

It is not exactly this card but it is the first revision 1.0. (it was not
called 1500 back then)

When I use these cards, one of these cards becomes un useable within
24hours. (MythTV shows L___ instead of LAMC)

When I swap one of the technotrend cards for a KNC1.

http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2256_Mystique-SaTiX-SE--DVB-S-
-CI-Connector--Windows-Linux.html

My backend can run for several days without a problem.

To test if it is motherboard/chipset related I also build a backend with the
following motherboard.

http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?Product
ID=2434

But this gives me the same result.