[mythtv-users] how to nuke ALL recordings before a specific date?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 21:45:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Misty P <mistyp at thekorn.net> wrote:
> One of my hard drives died.  My database is 100% OK, my OS is 100% OK, but
> the drive that held all the recordings is out to lunch.
>
> Is there any way to quickly delete ALL recordings before a certain date?  I
> tried going through mythweb one by one, except now they're just sitting in
> 'deleted programs'.  (i.e. if I switch the view to deleted programs, there
> are all 180 programs, except myth is NOT cleaning them out after 2 days like
> it's set to since it can't *find* any of them!)
>
> I'd go delete them through the UI, but it takes forever on a recording that
> no longer exists.  180 * forever = bleh.  (Besides, it takes something like
> five clicks to do it, and I think my thumb would have calices by the time I
> was done!)
>
> Thanks in advance!

It sounds like you are using the autoexpire deleted recordings option.
Have tried disabling that? There is a thread I recently started when I
lost my recordings, where other posted some options:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/372472. You can try
the find orphans script but it is old and at some point may cause
problems because it directly messes with the database rather than
calling mythtv supported calls to do the work. You can also try using
'touch' to recreate all of the files, then autoexpire shouldn't choke
when it goes to remove them.