[mythtv-users] Updating mythtv video's list from the command line?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Tue Mar 24 02:10:46 UTC 2009

> Is there no way to do this from the command line?
>
> I like the idea of "find_meta.py" - but really, I don't care about
> scapping the data - I just want the file presented through the UPnP
> server right away..
>
> Something I can tweak in the db?

well if the frontend is "idle" at the time just slap together a script
with telnet commands to go in (with remote control interface enabled)

echo "jump mainmenu" | telnet localhost 6546
sleep 1
echo "key pageup" | telnet localhost 6546
sleep 1
echo "key enter" | telnet localhost 6546
sleep 1
echo "key down" | telnet localhost 6546
sleep 1
echo "key enter" | telnet localhost 6546
sleep 1
echo "key M" | telnet localhost 6546
sleep 1
echo "key enter" | telnet localhost 6546
sleep 10
echo "jump mainmenu" | telnet localhost 6546

is what it would take with my menu structure.

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org