[mythtv-users] Formula 1 on BBC

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Mar 24 09:59:58 UTC 2009

On 24 Mar 2009, at 08:38, David Watkins wrote:

>> Live TV is just a viewing of a recording in (almost) real-time.
>> That's how
>> you can FF and RW while watching Live TV.  So if it works for live
>> TV, it
>> should work for a recording.
>
> But (and I'm guessing here because I haven't tried it) accessing the
> interactive content will probably send you to what's currently on the
> interactive channels, rather than what was on them when you made the
> recording, even if you recorded them at the time.

I recorded the interactive streams to see  more sailing during the
Olympics, I turned on the EIT for 301 & 302 then set recordings from
the guide separately for those channels. Not exactly what was asked
for but I think that's whats currently possible with MythTV. The
Interactive channel recordings just appear and play like any other
programme, just lower quality due to the low resolution and bandwidth,
same as ITV HD works I believe.

I guess in theory the recordings could be associated, maybe even muxed
back together and played interactively, not much chance of a patch
before Sunday though ;-)

Andre