[mythtv-users] Channel Script Timeout

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:57:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Scott Souter <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:
> The delay that seems to work best in between each command and between digits
> is 0.7.  With this delay I don't have enough time before Myth times out on
> the channel script.  I was considering using a background script to overcome
> this, but I don't think the channel entry part can exist in the background
> script.

Hopefully there's a better way, but what I did to work around this was
to update the channel_timeout and signal_timeout fields in the
capturecard table in the mysql database by hand.  Something like:

mysql> select * from capturecard;
mysql> update capturecard set channel_timeout=4000 where
cardid=<cardid from previous command listing>;

Changing signal timeout probably isn't necessary, but doesn't seem to hurt.

Alex