[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:52:56 UTC 2009

Well, plus 2 roommates that didn't know how to turn off lights. The
girlfriend's figured it out finally, and the friend didn't move with
us, so the problem solved itself. But yes, prices for PGE were very
high, I've got SMUD now, which is public-owned, so prices are much
better. I must admit though, I just found an old excel sheet of our
power usage (I was not happy) that I was doing, and I forgot that
there was also the addition of a wood stove to factor into the
savings, the heat pump was used less, and that more likely explains
the savings. That disappoints me, actually, but nonetheless, the bulbs
are all still shining bright. So that's comforting. (watch them all
burn out this month, just to spite me)

~Jon