[mythtv-users] Asus M3N78-VM SPDIF

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:02:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to update it for the
>> benefit of those using gossamer and wanting to build a frontend based
>> on this board.  HDMI audio out DOES work with the latest BIOS update.
>

> this is OT ... can you switch between HDMI-audio and S/PDIF (IEC958)
> in alsamixer?
>
> thanks

Ma...

I'll look and see what I can figure.  The mobo manual says that it's
supposed to be a switch in the BIOS between SPDIF and HDMI, but it's
not there in either 903 or 907.  I'll play around and see if I can get
the toslink to light up, but I'm not set up to test beyond that ;-)
Audio over HDMI was why I bought this board and I'm just happy I can
get it to do that!
--
Doug