[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] solar power for all our gadgets

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Mar 24 20:28:49 UTC 2009

>gets locked up and it's carbon negative.
>
>I have to admit, it sounds rather good and I find myself asking -
>where's the catch ? Apart that is, from the cost of covering an area
>the size of Montanna with PV solar panels, stated to be enough to
>supply the entire US road fuel demand !

Kind of funny to read this article about how some environmental groups are
trying to stop solar panels from going up in the Mojave desert, especially
since someone a few weeks ago mentioned sarcastically that environmental
groups would try hard to find something they don't like about solar farms.
No nuclear farms, no solar farms, no coal burning...I wish they'd give us an
answer they do like other than going back to the stone ages.

Anyhow, here is the article:
http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/03/24/sheppard_gore_wind_farm/

-Steve