[mythtv-users] Automatic onversion from MPEG-2 to H264

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 02:33:55 UTC 2009

> Have a look at mythnuv2mkv it's a wrapper script that can do what you're after.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythnuv2mkv
>
> It's designed to be used as a userjob and can do x264.

I didn't know about mythnuv2mkv, I will have to check that out. I know
a popular script for this type of stuff is nuvexport. It is officially
included with mythtv, and there is everything you need to easily get
going with it on the wiki page: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Nuvexport.

I haven't used it in a while, and it looks like some things have
changed since ffmpeg changed its api, so you may need to grab the
latest version from svn if you want to have h264 support. Last I
checked it would only do h264 in an mp4 container with AAC, since that
profile was initially designed for ipod use, but maybe things have
changed since my last look.