[mythtv-users] Can anyone explain these MythTV/MythWeb access quirks?

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Wed Mar 25 03:37:48 UTC 2009

> Mike,
>
> Yeh, I guess I coulda done a better job with the wording.  I was
> talking about accessing the MythWeb web page with a browser tunneling
> via ssh.
>
> Time to go read up on using PuTTY and your hints for using a SOCKS proxy.
>
> Thanks also for the refresh on the ThemePainter=qt option.  Since the
> schedule grid in MythWeb wasn't working I was trying to get the same
> result by going into mythfrontend from a system with an X-server (or
> is it an X-client -- I can never get it straight which is which).
>
> Craig.
>
> Craig,

   Take a look at 'freenx' - it's like VNC, but over an SSH connection, and
super-fast...  The 'freenx' server is free on Linux, and the commercial NX
client is free for "No Machine". It's pretty easy to setup, and once you've
done it, there's no looking back IMHO.  ;-)

  PS: I also have used (and occasionally still do) tunneling through a PuTTY
connection.  Works quite well. ;-)

J-e-f-f-A