[mythtv-users] OT: Router/net connection issues

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Mar 25 21:53:45 UTC 2009

Yesterday, my sites stopped loading in Firefox all of a sudden, and I
whipped out the shell to do a quick ping google.ca, which didn't respond. I
tried opening up my Linksys CP in FF @ 192.168.1.1, but it timed out as
well. However, my SSH connection to my mythbox/server was running fine. I
was in a big hurry at the moment so without looking into the issue I ran
down to the basement and power cycled the router (not the best idea perhaps,
but again, was in a hurry).

It just happened again now. I am wondering what this could be and what I
should look for if/when it happens again, as it's becoming pretty
irritating. It's not my cable modem, it is running fine and there have been
no outages in my area. It must be the router, but I don't know enough about
them to see what it could be and/or how to fix.

I'm running a Linksys WRT54GS with the most recent firmware (Firmware
Version: v1.52.5), and I have my mythbox (BE/server) and desktop/FE.

Figured I'd ask my mythlist brethren of knowledgeable folk :)

Thanks
Bob