[mythtv-users] Suspend to RAM

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Thu Mar 26 21:18:32 UTC 2009

On 03/26/2009 11:29:15 AM, Peter Lord wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently setting up a combined frontend/backend mythtv box - I'm
> nearly
> there :-), but I have a few outstanding questions.  I'll post them
> individually.
>
> I'm using .21-fixes from
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html
> on a
> M3N78-VM based system.
>
> Although I have the system shutting down when idle and starting up
> before the
> next record, the cycle is fairly slow.  So I would like to suspend to
> RAM
> instead of the shutdown.  However, using hibernate-ram, I'm not
> getting very
> far ... typically I end up with a blank screen with a flashing cursor
> in the
> top left corner.
>
> Is there a recipe to follow to get suspend to RAM working with a
> combined
> frontend/backend with USB DVB drivers and nvidia ?  Or am I expecting
> too much
> :-)

Are you able to suspend/resume outside of MythTV?  I recently tracked
down a problem with the same symptoms that turned out to be a bug in a
USB wireless driver. You might wish to check out the procedure in the
kernel's basic-pm-debugging.txt -
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt