[mythtv-users] Energy Efficient Front End

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:50:02 UTC 2009

I saw this on Engadget recently.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/27/toradexs-robin-stuffs-atom-based-computer-on-credit-card-sized/

It looks like the high end versions of that should fit the bill. Not
sure about HD decoding though.

Of course the ideal one would be one of those Nvidia ion reference
platform machines you see in the all their tech demos, since you
should be able to offload the HD decoding to the Ion chipset. Since
its atom powered it should also be easy on the batteries.  I am not
sure if and when you will be able to get hold of one of them though.

Hope that helps.

Charlie M