[mythtv-users] BBC iplayer

Peter Lord peter at plord.co.uk
Sat Mar 28 11:44:34 UTC 2009

On Thursday 26 March 2009 18:57:45 Peter Lord wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently setting up a combined frontend/backend mythtv box - I'm
> nearly there :-), but I have a few outstanding questions.  I'll post them
> individually.
>
> I'm using .21-fixes from
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html on a
> M3N78-VM based system.
>
> I would like to access the BBC iplayer from mythtv, and indeed, access
> other online media sources.
>
> I did have installed mythstreams - but this was only version 0.18 and many
> of the video sources didn't work.  I see there is mythvodka
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythStreams), the download link didn't work but
> I did find a copy after a google search.
>
> But when trying to build I get :-
>
> $ qmake mythvodka.pro
> $ make
> cd mythvodka && make -f Makefile
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/plord/src/mythvodka/mythvodka/mythvodka'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/plord/src/mythvodka/mythvodka/mythvodka'
> make: *** [sub-mythvodka] Error 2
>
> any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete

I made some progress ... I installed the packages from :-

	deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/samuel-taylor/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
	deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/samuel-taylor/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main

cleaned out the old configuration using the following SQL :-

	delete from settings where value like '%Vodka%';

and removed the hulu configuration from the configuration screen (it won't
work for me since I'm in the UK).

Then I get the listings and downloads/plays start !

However, the videos stop after a short amount of time and the volume is way
too loud ... so some more work to be done.

Pete

--
Peter Lord (Home)

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.