[mythtv-users] Front-end No live tv

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 14:18:50 UTC 2009

2009/3/29 Gerry Teichman <gteich04 at yahoo.com>:
> Greetings,
>
> A friend installed mythtv on my dedicated Ubuntu 8.10 system. After he left,
> I tried to watch TV by clicking on the Watch TV button. The button darkened
> a bit but nothing happened.
>
> I have a ATI HDTV-Wonder card. I am receiving over the air DBV. I have a
> Nvidia 7600 video card. AMD 64x2 4000. My reception is fair.
>
> you can look at my logs here:
>
> http://pastebin.com/m7678495b
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

#
2009-03-21 09:01:09.930 SG(Default) Error: Group 'Default' wants to
use directory '/home/gerard/MythTV-problem/', but this directory is
not writeable.
#
2009-03-21 09:01:09.932 SG(LiveTV) Error: Group 'LiveTV' wants to use
directory '/home/gerard/', but this directory is not writeable.
#

the backend it trying to write the recordings to those two directories
but it doesn't have write access.

either change the permission of those directories, or better run
mythtv-setup and modify the recording groups because the one set are
really poor choice.
default is
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings