[mythtv-users] Channel Scan Problems

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Mar 29 22:09:15 UTC 2009

On Sunday 29 March 2009 15:49:02 Joel Means wrote:
> I am currently working on replacing my backend.  I have an HD Homerun for
> my tuner.  I can run "hdhomerun_config scan" and find all of my OTA
> channels just fine, but mythbackend can't seem to find any channels.  I get
> a bunch of "Timeout scanning ATSC channel XX - No Tables" where there
> should be channels.  I didn't have this problem on the old backend.  It
> found the channels just fine.  I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions
> of how to fix this.  Or is there any way to get the channel info from my
> old database and insert it into the new database?
> Thanks,

I'm in the process of setting up a new B/E as well, and the channel scan found
all of the unencrypted QAM channels without problems. I'm also using an HDHR.

I have not updated the firmware in my HDHR for at least a year (using
20070620), no reason to, as it's working fine. I wonder if that's the
difference?

--
beww
beww at beww.org