[mythtv-users] ATSC tuner recommendation?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Mon Mar 30 14:04:21 UTC 2009

Hi...

I've searched and haven't see a post w/the words "tuner recommendation"
on this list since April 10th of last year.

In light of not being able to resurrecting my ATSC Kworld 120 tuner card
(it stopped working after a Debian update), I've started the search for
a replacement.  I don't want to get into another "hard to create a full
feature driver" situation.  What I find that usually works in the open
source community is to get what everyone else has.

So what does everyone else have WRT ATSC tuner cards?

I have been siding w/getting an HDHomerun.  Setting up hardware
independent of any computer protects me from obsolescence.  All my tuner
cards are of the older PCI type and I'm thinking it's only a matter of
time until all that is available are the new PCI interfaces.

...thanks for your suggestions.