[mythtv-users] ATSC tuner recommendation?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Mar 30 19:15:44 UTC 2009

>Another vote for hdhr, mine has worked flawlessly and I love that it's
>independent of my mythtv hardware.  I only wish the hdpvr used the
>same model and had a network port instead of USB.

To save you some money, I recommend the ATI HDTV Wonder. I found mine on
ebay for around $20 (there are a ton on the site). It was very easy to
install and get going with mythtv and ubuntu. Also, it works wonderfully. I
tried it with QAM and with OTA and both worked great, so I use it with OTA
and use it all the time.

Very cheap and reliable. Internal PCI slot is used, so that kind of stinks,
but when you consider you're spending $20 vs $150 for a HD Homerun, to me
that was a no brainer. (I know the HD Home Run has two tuners, but still.)

-Anyways, that's my two cents
-Steve