[mythtv-users] Help configure my pcTV 800i tuner!

Mike Adolf mlnx at mho.com
Mon Mar 30 20:22:14 UTC 2009

I have recently installed MythTV .21 svn/fixes on my DELL under Ubuntu
8.10. Now I am having problems configuring my pcTV 800i dual tuner.  My
first attempt is to configure it as just an analogue v4l card.  When I
do so it lists the tuner as retrieved info on the configuration page, so
it does see the card.

1) Is signing up for a XMLTV account a requirement for mythtv to work?

2) Why is the Scan For Channels selection always disabled?

Mike