[mythtv-users] mythbackend segfaults when starting a recording

Michael Drons mdrons at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 04:40:29 UTC 2009

I am running the latest trunk version and need to check if my issue is code or something else.

Whenever I start a recording from a 3rd party frontend (mvpmc or Windows Mythtv Player) the backend segfaults.  I can watch a show using mythfrontend.  The log file of the backend and a sniffer trace dont show any errors.  I see the a QUERY_FILETRANSFER 44[]:[]REQUEST_BLOCK[]:[]32768, so the show is starting from the backend.

Thanks for any input or direction, Mike