[mythtv-users] Powering Off Unused Frontends

andy.nunez at comcast.net andy.nunez at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 12:31:41 UTC 2009

I run Mythbuntu 8.04 with one backend and 5 diskless frontends. I want to automagically power off the frontends when they aren't being used and power them back on with the (Windows Media Center - New Version) remote. I have searched at length and can't find any way to do this. There is a lot of material about powering off/ on the backend based on scheduled recordings but not about just the frontends. I also notice that the ASPI power settings in XFCE don't recoginze the use of  Myth as activity so the settings have to be disabled or the screen blanks during playback.

All of the frontends are Gigabyte M61PME/ S2 motherboards, 1 GB RAM and AMD 3800/ 4000+ processors.