[mythtv-users] ATSC tuner recommendation?

Jeff Walther trag at io.com
Tue Mar 31 14:41:11 UTC 2009

> Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:40:18 -0700
> From: "Steve Peters - Priority Electronics"
> 	<steve at priorityelectronics.com>

>>> I use a kworld 115 and it works great for me. I am however using the
>>> v4l-dvb drivers and compiling them from source with gentoo so this is
>>> completly independent of the kernel I use.

> Just out of curiosity, why go with a $75 tuner when he can get an equally
> good one for $20? Just wondering if I'm missing anything here. Does the
> kworld one doe anything different or better than the ATI HD Wonder? I've
> seen a lot of people recommend $75 pci hdtv tuners and have been wondering
> this for a while.

A year ago the Kworld 115 was $35 at Newegg.  That lasted until around
August or September when they ran out of stock.  At the time it was in the
running for the most affordable tuner available.

I picked a four-PCI-slot motherboard just so I could use four of those
cards.   Now if I could just make the time to trouble-shoot the machine to
power on.  Put it all together in a beautiful Antec P180 case and it
didn't power up.  :-)

Jeff Walther